About Jo Diaz
Jo Diaz moved to California, in 1992, after an 11 years in broadcasting, involving PR, producing, and photography. Segued into the wine industry in 1993, she’s been employed by Hambrecht Wine Group (Belvedere and Grove Street wineries), Robert Mondavi, Barefoot Cellars, Ironstone Vineyards, and Kendall-Jackson, while simultaneously working on a wine sales and marketing degree. In 2001, Diaz launched Diaz Communications, in 2002 founded PS I Love You (Petite Sirah advocacy group) and continues to be PSILY’s executive director. In 2002, she also founded the Association of African American Vintners. In 2011, she founded the Oregon Pinot Gris marketing group. Diaz produced annual events: Oregon Pinot Gris and Petite Sirah symposiums, as well as Petite Sirah’s Dark & Delicious wine and food event.
The Balloon Fairy (not listed on my formal resume, but still am.) Began in 1984.
Jo Diaz Published, also the first female publicist, wine blogger in the world.
- The Power of Getting Away: Researcher, ghost writer, designer, typesetter
PUBLISHED on-line with wine business publications: Wine publications
- The Wine News, Coral Gables, Florida
- Wine Business Monthly
- The Tasting Panel (formerly Patterson’s Beverage Journal)
- Wine Country This Week
- Vine Times
- Winefest (Texas)
- On-line with wine business publications:
PUBLISHED in music publications with images and bylines:
Jo Diaz ~ Presentations
- Scheduled and participated in wine festival tasting panels about Petite Sirah with the following:
- Society of Wine Educators
- Santa Fe Chile Fiesta
- Florida Wine Fest
- American Wine Society
- Lectured with the Department of Commerce,
- Under the SABIT (Special American Business Internship Training) Program’s Wine Marketing and Promotion
- Midwest Wine Grape Symposium ~ How to Start A Single Wine Grape Variety Advocacy Group
- American Wine Society ~ Cabernet Franc As A Noble Variety
- UC Davis Extension Program ~ PR and Social Media for Small Wineries (since 2009)
Thanks to GetXperts.com for their excel help.