Domaine Carneros debuts a new menu for their popular “Bubbles & Bites” experience. This one is going to be a journey through Southeast Asia. I find this incredibly inviting. Foods from Southeast Asia excite my palate. Just thinking about it, when I read the following press release, along with Bubble, made me drool. Are you kidding me? I think I was living in Southeast Asia in a past life. The foods offered are this side of magical. And show me someone who doesn’t also love bubbles.
This one falls into the category of Post Covid adaptability. And it is soooo delicious. It is also one of the very first wine companies I visited, just prior to moving to California. My husband brought me out here from Maine, through the generosity of his company, for a week. We stopped in on our way to more of Nana Valley, and I fell in love with CA instantly.
Photographer: Charles Wollertz
A bit about the Champagne Taittinger Family and their Art of Sparkling Wine Pairing, called Bubbles & Bites: This is a very special event, and may be going through the summer season. I suggest you take advantage of one of these offerings. As a wine event planner, I intimately know how much thought, time, and energy go into this food and wine experiences. You, dear reader, become the beneficiary. Likely through the summer season, according to Kimberly Charles, the Domaine’s PR person, “we tend to do these seasonally as they take a lot of work and fine tuning. This is the 5th in the series.”
And, a bit about this Domaine Carneros story: I’ve not written the following information. My PR colleague Kimberly Charles sent this event to me. And, if you read my blog, it’s pretty clear I’m the only voice. It’s very rare that I just deliver the goods by someone else. It’s clear to me that I also don’t need to reinvent Kimberley’s wheel, nor would I ever take credit for just copying a press release from anyone, unless it’s a quote. On a rare occasion, I let another voice dominate. So, here we go!
About Domaine Carneros
Founded in 1987, Domaine Carneros reflects the hallmark of its founder, Champagne Taittinger, in creating terroir-driven sparkling wine and preserving the quality tenets of the traditional method production. Located entirely within the Carneros AVA, between Napa and Sonoma counties, the six estate vineyards total approximately 400 acres; with 150 acres planted to Chardonnay, 250 acres planted to Pinot Noir. The winery focuses on making ultra-premium Carneros sparkling wines; limited production Pinot Noirs are grown on their estate vineyards.
PHOTO CREDIT: Sakhon Nhek
Popular “Bubbles & Bites” Experience…a journey through Southeast Asia
WHO: Founded in 1987, in the Carneros appellation of Northern California by the Champagne Taittinger family, Domaine Carneros is a grower producer of ultra-premium sparkling wines and limited production Pinot Noirs. Domaine Carneros has become the benchmark for California sparkling wine, reflecting both the individuality of the Carneros’ terroir and the craftsmanship of its French legacy.
WHAT: The Art of Sparkling Wine Pairing: Bubbles & Bites
The popularity of the Bubbles & Bites tasting menu, first launched in 2018, has been a special experience for visitors who wish to explore the versatility of sparkling wine with different cuisines. To date, the winery has focused on Asian, Mexican, Moroccan and Spanish pairings and now announces its next cuisine of focus…a journey through Southeast Asia.
WHEN: June 2023
During the month of June, Experience the versatility of sparkling wine in this curated food & wine pairing which highlights the flavors of cuisines around the globe. This limited-edition menu takes you on a journey through Southeast Asia. Celebrate the diversity of cuisine in Vietnam, Thailand, and India, and discover unexpected and delightful pairings with sparkling wine. Join us for this food & wine pairing experience that includes four savory and one sweet bite, each of which has been specially designed to pair with four of Domaine Carneros’ top-rated estate grown sparkling wines – Ultra Brut, Estate Brut Cuvée, Brut Rosé, and Verméil Demi-Sec. Led by the winery’s most seasoned wine educators, this experience will shed a new light on the versatility of sparkling wine.
WHERE: Domaine Carneros Winery, 1240 Duhig Rd, Napa, CA 94559
PHOTO CREDIT: Sakhon Nhek
- Vietnamese style Shrimp on Rice Noodles Lemongrass marinated shrimp served atop rice noodles tossed in a cooling nuoc cham vinaigrette. Paired with 2018 Domaine Carneros Ultra Brut
- Massaman Curry with Paneer Seared Indian paneer cheese served over a nest of crispy rice sticks and bathed in a traditional Thai Massaman curry. Paired with 2018 Domaine Carneros Estate Brut Cuvée
- Pork Banh-Mi Marinated thinly sliced pork on a homemade roll, dressed with traditional pickled carrots & daikon, fresh cilantro, sriracha aioli, and mushroom duxelles. Paired with 2019 Domaine Carneros Brut Rosé
- Thai style Chicken Larb Ground chicken with lemongrass, chili, garlic, cilantro & mint, and Chinese long beans served on a bed of crisp lettuce. Paired with 2018 Domaine Carneros Verméil Demi-Sec
- Pandan Custard Cake Thai custard cake infused with Pandan leaves and topped with fresh basil whipped cream. Paired with 2018 Domaine Carneros Verméil Demi-Sec
Just for the fun of it, I thought I’d throw in a traditional image, from my own image sources, 123rf. Below is a traditional Thai cuisine called Serimuka Kuih also known as the Pandan Custard Cake.
- *Dietary restrictions can be accommodated, please call the winery to discuss personalization
- $99 cost, does not include gratuity or sales tax. $35 per person deposit is required for booking.
- This unique tasting experience is available for groups up to 8, guests 21 years and older. 48-hour cancellation.
- Domaine Carneros offers specialized versions of this experience for larger parties. Please call 707-257-0101, extension 150, for inquiries.
- For more information, visit: www.domainecarneros.com
MEDIA CONTACT: Kimberly Noelle Charles of Charles Communications Associates
firstname.lastname@example.org or 415.730.0064