Joel Peterson of Ravenswood, who’s the founding winemaker and “Godfather of Zin”…and a great friend to Zinfandel, is putting on a shindig (I’ll be the one with the camera):
Saturday, August 27th, 11:00am – 4:00pm
Ravenswood Winery, 18701 Gehricke Rd, Sonoma, CA 95476
Price: $20 per person / $15 for Ravenswood Wine Club Members
RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org or (707) 933-2336
This is a party 20 years in the making!
The beloved Ravenswood Tasting Room is celebrating 20 great years at its Gehricke Road location, in the town of Sonoma. They’re hosting a blowout event that will include the debut of the Ravenswood’s 2009 Single Vineyard Designated wines. In addition to a first look and tasting of Ravenswood’s most celebrated old vine Zinfandels, the event will feature delicious foods, live music, a chance to climb Mt. Raven, other exclusive, winery-only tastings, and opportunities to meet and mingle with the Ravenswood family of growers and founding winemaker Joel Peterson.
Activities will include:
- Hike to the top of Mt. Raven, the peak of the Estate Vineyard, to be rewarded with special Ravenswood flip-flops and a refreshing glass of Ravenswood Gewürztraminer
- Opportunities to meet and mingle with the family of Ravenswood growers and the “Godfather of Zin” himself, Joel Peterson.
- Specialty foods including:
- an oyster bar
- artisan sausages and caramelized onions off the grill
- gourmet pizzas straight out of the pizza oven
- chocolate truffles paired with Ravenswood Zinfandel Port
- Live music from the High Noon Sons
- Exclusive opportunity to purchase a commemorative 6-pack wooden box that includes the brand new 2009 Ravenswood Single Vineyard Designate Zinfandels from the prized Old Hill, Barricia, Big River, Belloni, Dickerson and Teldeschi vineyards.