And, the winner this week is… Risqué Sommelier of Risqué Sommelier. All names were placed in my hat (ice bucket), and drawn at random.
Congratulations, Risqué. I’m sure that this little Riedel decanter is going to be a fabulous addition to your tasting experiences. It’s compliments of PS I Love You (the advocacy group for Petite Sirah) and Wine Blog.
Have great holidays, and thanks for reading my blog, as well as commenting.
Here’s the giveaway line-up. We’re now onto Week 4 ~ A pair of tickets to Dark & Delicious, next February 19, 2010 ($120.00) :
- Week 1 (December 2 – December 4) Metal Imagination sculpture ($80.00) ~ WINNER: Roger Lee Paige
- Week 2 (December 7 – December 11) Another pair of the Masters of Petite Sirah Riedel Vinum glasses ($70.00) ~ WINNER: Gwendolyn Alley
- Week 3 (December 14 – 16) A small, two glass Riedel decanter ($50.00 ~ give or take a bit, I can’t find my invoice) ~ WINNER: Risqué Sommelier
- Week 4 (December 21 – December 25) A pair of tickets to Dark & Delicious, next February 19, 2010 ($120.00) [See the description below.]
- Week 5 (December 28 – January 1, 2010… Yes!) A dual membership as GrouPieS in the PSILY organization ($75.00)
Still to go:
Week 4 (December 21 – December 25): A pair of tickets to Dark & Delicious, February 19, 2010, valued at $120.00, also coming from PSILY ($60/each). If you can’t go, pass them along to someone who means a lot to you. If you can go, this is a three hour wining and dining of Petite Sirah and some of the most delicious food imaginable. Bay Area restaurants and caterers (about 30 of them) match their food to the 40 or so wineries who are Pouring their Petites. This event draws out many of the winery owners who are pleased to be pouring their own wines. (At $60 a ticket, food, wine, free parking, no gratuity, this is a must-attend event, if you’re local, or if you come from afar. We have people who fly in from all around the US; in this, its fourth annual season.)
Week 5 (December 28 – January 1, 2010): A dual membership as GrouPieS in the PSILY organization. The value for this is $75.00. What you’ll receive is membership for two. (By the way, If you don’t win this prize, you can still become a GrouPieS member. Visit the PSILY GrouPieS web site, and still receive all of the benefits of this drawing. It’s $50 for one, $75/couple):
- Two GrouPieS = two t-shirts (I’ll need your sizes).
- Attendance at the Annual Barbeque (it’s free to GrouPieS). Winemakers will pour their Petite for you and delicious foods will be yours for the enjoying).
- Annual prize drawing for one lucky person (Another set of Masters Glasses and will be chosen on December 31 of this year).
- Reduced ($40) tickets for Dark & Delicious, if you choose to not volunteer.
- If you choose to volunteer for D&D, only open to GrouPieS and our selected staff, you receive the following:
- You get in for free
- Enjoy an hour to taste food and wine
- Receive a staff D&D T-Shirt
- Get a six pack of Petite Sirah to take home
RULES FOR Wine-Blog December Gifts
US ship-to addresses, only, please.
Just place your name in the comment box at the end of this posting of Wine-Blog December Gifts.
You can post your name every day of that week for that prize, during that week’s contest: Tuesday through Friday for the first week, then all week long for the subsequent weeks. That’s Saturday through Friday, to increase your changes to win wine gifts. You can do this once a day for that particular week, because dedication might pay off…
I’ll give each submission a number, as the names are generated in the comment box. I’ll place each name and number in a hat, and have Jose draw out the lucky winner for that week. On each Saturday, the name of the winner will be revealed, and your item will then be shipped to you in a timely manner.
Best of luck and Happy Holidaze!