It’s very gratifying to initiate something, because you just know it will work, and return later to see how it’s flourished.
On July 3, leaving the office to escape the heat and knowing we were the only ones left on our computers, Jose and I headed to the mighty Pacific. We decided to stop along the way, and chose Belvedere Winery, on Westside Road in Healdsburg .
Belvedere allowed my career to segue from WBLM FM radio PR and broadcasting, to the wine business. Starting in the tasting room, and coming from a background filled with recording artists, Belvedere seemed ripe for music on that beautiful property.
I got Ed Schrufer to let me put on a jazz concert, which was really well attended and began as music on the deck. Now, many efforts have been made to fit jazz appropriately into their gardens. And the gardens have likewise responded with beautiful growth, intriguing landscape designs… All for the enjoyment of those who sit on Belvedere’s redwood deck, have a picnic lunch, enjoy their wine and the serenade. And… for… free… How can you go wrong?
Wine & Jazz Schedule:
Every Saturday afternoon from June 30th through October 13th, from 1:30pm to 4:30pm
- July 7: The Hellhounds, Chicago influence Blues
- July 14: The John Kalleen Group: BeBop and HardBop
- July 21: Greg Hester Trio: Classic Piano Jazz
- July 28: Swingsmith, Swing & Jazz
- August 4: Brother Cat: Cool Swing Blues
- August 11: Susan Comstock Swinger: Swing, Jazz, Latin and Blues
- August 18: The Hellhounds, Chicago influence Blues
- August 25: Greg Hester Trio: Classic Piano Jazz
- September 1: Opie Bellas, New World Jazz Vocalist
- September 8: The John Kalleen Group: BeBop and HardBop
- September 15: Greg Hester Trio: Classic Piano Jazz
- September 22: Brother Cat: Cool Swing Blues
- September 29: Susan Comstock Swinger: Swing, Jazz, Latin and Blues
- October 6: The Hellhounds, Chicago influence Blues
- October 13: Greg Hester Trio: Classic Piano Jazz
According to Belvedere Winery: Jazz on the Deck is open to the public and is free of charge. Vineyard Club members may reserve seating ahead of time. For more information, please call us at 800.433.8296 or 707.431.4442.