If you’ve got the wine and you’ve got the woman, what are the songs that get it all in the mood?
Well, this all began with Let It Wine (from Italy = IT) contacting me in newsletter form. Their tagline: Dedicated to anyone in love with or just curious about the vast universe of wine! One of their stories is “Songs Dedicated to Wine.” I thought, that’s cool, and have now followed it through as a good topic. I’ve taken a few of their suggestions to pique your curiosity, but I also took it a bit further searching on “songs about wine” on YouTube. Then, I hit a compilation, created by Rebecca Litovsky. It’s the last YouTube connection at the bottom of this page. Well worth your time, it’s just over a half hour of listening, with some really great stuff.
Rebecca Litovsky wrote about her video
A compilation of my favorite wine songs from different genres, with my own photos from Napa Valley, California; Tuscany, Italy; and Mendoza, Argentina. The perfect video to watch and listen to, wine glass in hand. For travel tips, visit my blog: Rebecca’s International Kitchen
Wine, Women, and Songs…
I’ve found ones on YouTube without ads to start the video. I don’t enjoy having to wait. So no having to wait…unless YouTube has changed the conditions. (I apologize, if that’s happened.)
My first one, because I’ve got the man, and I know this one to be personally true, is
- Joni Mitchell, I Could Drink a Case of You
- Marvin Gaye, I Heard It Through The Grapevine
- UB40, Red, Red Wine
- Eric Clapton, Bottle of Red Wine
- Franz Ferdinand, Wine In The Afternoon
- Rebecca Litovsky’s compilation with songs of wine in them from Rebecca Litovsky, Published on Jun 27, 2014.
It includes the following:
- Days of Wine and Roses, Frank Sinatra
- W-I-N-E, The Hollywood Flames
- Tiny Bubbles, Don Ho
- Summer Wine, Nancy Sinatra and Lee Hazlewood
- A Steel Guitar and a Glass of Wine, Paul Anka
- Strawberry Wine, Dena Carter
- Elderberry Wine, Elton John
- Red Wine, Mistakes, Mythology, Jack Johnson
- Two more bottles of Wine, Emmy Lou Harris
I’m ending this list at 12 minutes into Rebecca’s compilation. She’s got a (little over) a half hour production. Check it out. It’s well worth your time, even if it’s only background music. It’s all dedicated to wine, from this woman, and songs.