Prolific is the word that best describes Dick Rosano, and that’s prolific with five stars. As was written in The Washington Post:
“Original in conception, well-researched and deftly written.” The Washington Post
Dick and I fist met in the early days of my being a wine publicist. He was always happy to help me with my projects. He then told me that he was going to be writing novels, and I thought… Lucky. With his newest book being released, it’s time to bring attention to his writing career, once again.
Our history, with his wine books
- REVIEW: Wine Trivia
- Read when it first came out, prior to wine blogs: Wine Heritage (I was working with The Foppiano Family at the time. I considered it required reading.)
- When his second book came out, Dick wrote to me: My first novel (and second book), Tuscan Blood, was published in 2012. You may already know that, but the second novel in the series that I’m writing, all set in Italy, has just been published. Hunting Truffles is set in Piedmont during the truffle season, where the truffle hunters are in a panic as they discover that their usual harvest has been stolen literally from under their feet. Inexplicably, the bodies of murdered hunters turn up, but no truffles. A young man from Tuscany, in tow with his aunt and her restaurant crew, pursue the theft and the thieves through the hills of Piedmont and the wine and food of Italy.
I’m now borrowing text from Dick’s site, and letting you know about it. I can’t say this any better, since it’s “Just the facts, maam.”
Newest novel: The Secret of Altamura
It is about secrets that were hidden from the Nazis in 1943, are they are still sought by an art collector in modern days… But evil stalks all those who try to reveal it. I love wine novels as it turns out. (Calgon, take me away…)
Dick’s Novels, and he’s cranking them out
- Wine Heritage
- Centuries of Italian immigration to America laid the groundwork for the American wine revolution of the 20th century.
- Hunting Truffles
- The slain bodies of truffle hunters show up, but the truffle harvest itself has been stolen.
- Tuscan Blood
- A young man mourns the suspicious death of his grandfather while preparing to take the reins of his family’s winery in Tuscany.
- Wine Trivia
- A great compilation
- The Secret of Altamura
- Secrets hidden from the Nazis in 1943 are still sought by an art collector in modern days. But evil stalks all those who try to reveal it.
- According to Dick:
- The Secret of Altamura: Nazi Crimes, Italian Treasure. It is 1943 and the Nazis control large swaths of Italy. Colonel Anselm Bernhardt devotes his attention to stealing Italian art – and violating Italian women – but there is one great treasure that he covets most. In modern times, his grandson is sworn to make amends for Bernhardt’s crimes, but he is bitten by the same temptation and averts his focus on reparation to search for the mysterious and historically vital treasure in southern Italy, a secret that if revealed could alter the course of history. Based on historical events, The Secret of Altamura will take you back to the cloud of terror that hung over wartime Italy and invite you to explore the secrets and treasures that were hidden from the Nazi invaders.
- Wine Froth
- A heady collection of wine quips, quotes, tips, and trivia.
If you’re looking for a wine county novel to read, Dick Rosano’s books won’t disappoint you. He’s an excellent author. Also, for your gift giving, when a friend or family member is an avid reader and loves wine, this is for their library that won’t disappear, once the bottle is opened. Some of us love our wine libraries. Anything Dick writes is highly recommended in my world.