Winesellers, Ltd. Named “Importer of The Year” by Wine Enthusiast Magazine
Why I’m especially jazzed is because in the past year, I’ve been asked and responded to tasting their imported wines. It’s enriched my life and palate, because I’m able to taste wines from all around the world… Wines I would otherwise have missed. To taste history is an honor, by these people who are willing to share the fruits of their labor with me.
- Austrian Wine and the 2014 Harvest ~ Let’s Learn
- Around the Wine World in Eight Days – Spain
- Around the Wine World in Eight Days – France
- Hard Ciders from France… Wait, let me put on my Fleur de Lys hat!
- Preparing for Provence Through Wines and Genealogy
- Tomorrow, a blog post on Wines from the Douro
Family-owned importer earns 2015 Wine Star Award
Wine Enthusiast Magazine press release
(CHICAGO, Ill.; November 3, 2015) – Each year, the editors of Wine Enthusiast honor the individuals and companies that have made outstanding achievements in the wine and beverage world with the magazine’s Wine Star Awards. Today, Winesellers, Ltd. – a family-owned company in Niles, Ill. that has imported fine wines globally since 1978 – was named Importer of the Year by the esteemed magazine.
Winesellers, Ltd., founded in 1978 by Yale Sager, is now overseen day-to-day by his two sons, Adam Sager and Jordan Sager. The company imports and sells wines to all 50 U.S. states with a diverse portfolio of producers and brands from Argentina, France, Spain, Portugal, Germany, Italy, New Zealand and other countries worldwide that can be found in premier retailers and restaurants throughout the U.S.
Winesellers, Ltd. portfolio includes:
- Argentina: Santa Julia, Zuccardi (Mendoza)
- Australia: Hope Estate (Hunter Valley/Western Australia)
- Austria: Biohof Pratsch (Niederosterreich)
- California: Tortoise Creek (Lodi/Clarksburg/Central Coast), Santa Barbara Winery, Lafond Winery & Vineyards (Santa Rita Hills), Vinum Cellars (Central Coast, Napa/Clarksburg)
- Chile: Hacienda Araucano (Colchagua)
- France: Besserat de Bellefon (Champagne), Charles Armand, EXEM Bordeaux, Mont Gravet, Le Charmel, Avive
- Germany: Heinz Eifel, Dr. H. Thanisch-Muller Burggraef, Dr. Pauly-Bergweiler, Bollig Lehnert, Dr. Heyden, Fitz Ritter, Eifel-Pfeiffer
- Italy: Tiamo Organic, Bellafina Sparkling, La Fiera, Gran Passione, Prodigo
- New Zealand: Sea Pearl, Fault Line, Fire Road (Marlborough), Murdoch James (Martinborough)
- Portugal: Quinta de la Rosa (Duoro)
- Spain: Mas Fi Cava (Penedes), Resso (D.O. Catalunya), Pazo Torrado (D.O. Rias Baixas), Clos de Nit (D.O. Montsant)
- Dominois de Castilla (D.O. Rueda, Toro & Ribera del Duero), Navardia (D.O.C Rioja)
- Artisan Ciders: Manoir de Grandouet, Domaine de la Minotiere, Cidrerie Dausfrene (Normandy), Le Brun de Bretagne (Brittany), Bodegas Mayador (Asturias)