I know a few people who might try out for this one, so I’m sharing it.
From Wine Enthusiast Magazine:
Everything really is bigger in Texas: It’s the No. 5 wine-producing state in the U.S., the Texas Hill Country American Viticultural Area is the second largest in the nation and its most promising wines boast supersized flavors. Visitors may flock here to sip wine, but they end up drinking in the romance of the region, too.
The winner of this prize receives:
- Round-trip flights and transportation for two to Texas
- Up to 8-night accommodations at local B&Bs and winery accommodations in the Texas Hill Country
- Guaranteed visits at up to 12 wineries
- Select exquisite multi-course wine-and-food dinners
Click on this contest link to enter.
More details from Wine Enthusiast Magazine:
A Snapshot of your itinerary:
- Flat Creek Estate ~ A night at Flat Creek Estate, plus a tour of the property, a wine-tasting experience, and brunch at Bistro Restaurant.
- Bending Branch Winery ~ One night’s stay at Bending Branch Winery, including a tour hosted by the winemaker and an intimate lunch.
- Becker Vineyards’s Lavender Haus ~ Two night’s stay at Becker Vineyards’s Lavender Haus—an 1,800-square-foot private property, complete with a patio and fireplace.
- Cotton Gin ~ Four nights at Cotton Gin, featuring a dinner for two at Cabernet Grill, where Executive Chef Ross Burtwell specializes in fresh seafood dishes, wild game and ranch fare.
- The Bistro at Flat Creek Estate ~ A multi-course wine pairing dinner for two at The Bistro at Flat Creek Estate prepared by top-notch Executive Chef Sean Fulford.
- Otto’s German Bistro ~ Dinner at Otto’s German Bistro—an upscale eatery serving Germanic cuisine, classic cocktails, craft beers and New World and Old World wines.
- Lewis Wines ~ An afternoon with the winemaker at Lewis Wines
- Pedernales Cellars ~ Lunch and cellar tour with the vintner at Pedernales Cellars
- Perissos Vineyard and Winery ~ Tour of and tasting at Perissos Vineyard and Winery lead by the owner/winemaker
- Grape Creek Vineyards ~ Cellar tour with a barrel tasting at Grape Creek Vineyards
- Hill Country Bike & Wine ~ A tour through three Texas Hill Country wineries hosted by Hill Country Bike & Wine.
- Gift Baskets packed with a variety of Go Texan products to take home, concierge service and car rental service.
- Car service will be provided for one day and a rental will be provided for the remainder of the trip. A driver can also be requested for the duration of the trip. The Texas Hill Country strongly advises against drinking and driving. Drink responsibly.
[Those looking to enjoy a self-tour of the Hill Country wineries can also take a drive down Wine Road 290, which features ten wineries along US Highway 290, near Fredericksburg.]