Education,Entertainment,Marketing,Wine

Vine Talk Debuting This April ~ Let’s go behind the scenes with Ray Isle

This one is going to be fun.

According to their promotional YouTube site:

Coming to national public television in April 2011, VINE TALK is a new and unique celebrity talk show full of great stories, discussion and discovery. Each week, a different wine region from around the world serves as the inspiration for a lively and engaging dialogue. Moderated by Stanley Tucci (Big Night, Julie and Julia) and featuring an ensemble panel of well-known entertainment personalities and celebrity chefs, the show demystifies the world of wine by making it accessible and enjoyable for all.

With a commitment to being both highly entertaining and educational, VINE TALK is the perfect place to learn about the best domestic and international wines available today – whether you’re a seasoned connoisseur, budding enthusiast, or interested in learning about wine for the first time.

So far we have two videos to watch, which demonstrate the quality of this upcoming show. From these two promotional videos, I already know that I’m going to be looking forward to this one. It’s  l-o-n-g overdue.

The first clip is entitled, “VINE TALK Montage Video.”

The second video, “Behind-the-Scenes at VINE TALK,” is hosted by one of VINE TALK’s resident wine experts (and executive wine editor of Food & Wine Magazine), Ray Isle. Ray walks us through their studio, with the staff all pretty busy behind the scenes. Ray Isle takes us onto the set of the WNET studios at Lincoln Center and walks us through what goes on at VINE TALK when cameras aren’t rolling.

VINE TALK is a new and unique celebrity talk show full of great stories, discussion and discovery. Beginning in April, each week a different wine region from around the world serves as the inspiration for a lively and engaging dialogue. Hosted by Stanley Tucci and featuring an ensemble panel of well-known entertainment personalities and celebrity chefs, the show demystifies the world of wine by making it accessible and enjoyable for all. In each episode, VINE TALK’s panel of celebrity guests will taste 6 wines from a featured region and variety (domestic and international), as will the studio audience, ultimately choosing their favorite wine at the end of the show. Celebrities who will appear in the series include actor Nathan Lane, actress Rosie Perez, actor John Lithgow, Chef Lydia Bastianich, Writer/Director Nora Ephron, “Top Chef” judge Gail Simmons, and many more!

Also, we can follow VINE TALK on Facebook and Twitter for the latest news, giveaway opportunities, tips and anecdotes from the set!

10 Responses to “Vine Talk Debuting This April ~ Let’s go behind the scenes with Ray Isle”

1. Jon Bjork says:

I’m looking forward to VINE TALK as well. I think they may just have the right combination of wine and entertainment. Plus, I’m a big Stanley Tucci fan.

I think that’s what been missing all along for wine… the entertainment factor. Actors have a way of bringing things to life in ways that many winemakers can’t. Putting on wine panels and symposiums, I get from winemakers all the time how public speaking is not their forte. Right, I get it. Asking a scientist to become a stage performer is like asking an actor to go perform in a lab. It’s apples to oranges. People who are trained in the performing arts are the best promoters of anything…

Go Hollywood, go Hollywood! Take out message to the masses!

3. Larry Levine says:

I was lucky enough to attend one of the filmings of Vine Talk in NYC on Sonoma Coast Chardonnays. It was awesome. Check out the pilot that is on Russian River Pinot Noirs. I can’t wait to see it!

You were lucky, Larry!

5. Mike says:

I saw the pilot with Ephron and the rest of the discussion group. It didn’t do much for the winemaking angle but it did a great job of integrating the wine lifestyle into a dinner conversation with interesting people.

If you believe, as I do, that wine is food as much as bread at dinner, then the show should do well. But they try to sell it as a wine how-do, they’ll be in trouble. Notice that there were no winemakers on their panel and that is as it should be.

I agree, Mike. Winemakers are among the shiest celebrities I know. There are a few exceptions, but these folks are alchemists, artists, and scientists all bound up into one neat package. Some of them just want the marketing departments to be their storytellers. Bringing on a Hollywood trained actor can do a lot for wine… Like, Sideways!

7. Alana Gentry says:

Right on! Zippy, fun, educational and you betcha–actors badly needed to bring life to talking about wine on the flat screen One last word from the girl with her glass waiting for April debut…TIVO.

TIVO… right on, Alana!

9. H Towers says:

I can’t wait to see it!

I’m with you. The lead videos are great.