Vineyards,Wine,Winery

J Wine Company’s George Rose ~ Follow George and Find the Photos

As a photographer, who’s had a camera in my hands since I was 10 years old, I can appreciate and enjoy the work of others.

I’ve written about George Rose’s work before, because he’s got such an exceptional eye and way of photographing. My PR colleague/friend Jim Caudill (who’s just started working for the Hess Collection) told me I have to do what George has done, and get my images of rock and roll people into the rock n’roll photo archives (I can’t remember what it’s called, but Jim can/will refresh my memory when I have time.) Someday I’ll have to get serious about that one, but for now, it’s just about forging head with what’s before me with wine.

Slowing down long enough to watch George’s video of J, where he’s now their PR person, was really wonderful.

He’s given me permission to upload for this blog. I trust you’ll enjoy this video, if you – like me – love images and the stories/memories they evoke.

Enjoy! J Vineyards & Winery: A Year in the Life ~ It’s a beautiful process that George has captured with very happy people…

8 Responses to “J Wine Company’s George Rose ~ Follow George and Find the Photos”

1. James Jordan says:

A beautiful collection of images – and a great music selection. George’s photographs really capture that feeling of stepping into the vineyard on a cool, moist morning, the energy and enthusiasm from a late night harvest, and everything in-between. Thanks for sharing this, Jo!

2. George Rose says:

Thanks Jo. I’m glad you enjoyed the video as much as I enjoyed making it. I never thought I would have a fourth act in wine, but here I am. Thanks again.

George,

If you follow in my footsteps, you’ve got about 40 acts to follow…

James,

Now I know you love photography. Were you one of those kids (like me) who lived in National Geographic magazines?

5. Lorrie S. LeBeaux says:

George has a great eye for beauty and I love his work. I’m glad to see him on the wine trail again!

Cheers,

Lorrie

He surely does, Lorrie.

7. James Jordan says:

@Jo – I was! As a matter of fact, I used to spend a ridiculous amount of time laying as still as possible in the back yard with a camera to see if I could get close-up shots of rabbits and squirrels. 🙂

James, A man after my own heart. I asked my grandfather for a camera when I was ten. I still have the “Brownie.” It doesn’t work, but I have it…