Amenities, Supplies, Services,Art in Wine,Wine

This is a Wine Glass? ~ You’ve Got To Be Kidding Me/Us

What in the world would possess someone to create this one?

Do you stand on your head to drink from it, I can’t help but wonder?

Do you pour in an entire bottle of wine to get just the right effect?

Do you invite all of your friends over for a sip?

I’m going to continue to stick with tried and true, really, thanks a lot.

If you like to collect cool or unusual stuff, this fits into those categories. If you decided you have room for this one, please let me know. I’d love to see where it eventually fits into someone’s life.

Supposedly, the wine doesn’t spill out at all. According to their Website, “It’s a glass for drinking a lot, a device consists of a bulb shaped container with the glass below. When the amount in the glass decreases, a constant amount is poured from the tank into the glass, never overflowing from the glass because of air pressure and water pressure.”

Okay…. If you say so.

The inventor is Kyouei Design, Their website seems to have lots of things melting, upside down, and old items replaced with new functions.. Honestly, if you think of this item as an art object, it will find a place in your heart and home. I’ve just run out of enough home for more stuff, and nothing new comes in unless something old goes out… I’m just not sure about this one at all… Just saying…

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

15 Responses to “This is a Wine Glass? ~ You’ve Got To Be Kidding Me/Us”

1. Randy Watson says:

That’s crazy!

Care if I quote this post? (credit given, of course!)

2. Arthur says:

This is pretty absurd.
    Here’s more: http://tinyurl.com/6x28tn

3. Jo says:

Randy, go for it.

4. Jo says:

Arthur… Yes, absurd.

5. Victor says:

VERY INTERESTING, but stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Ed Thralls says:

Wow… this contraption looks a little scary and unnecessary. I’d be too worried about operating it which would take away from the wine. Note to self: do not wear white shirt while operating this device.

I went to a Riedel event where Max showed us a new snake/cobra-shaped decanter that operated on simlar principles. You had to tilt it just right to fill the thing and again to get it to pour. But the pour was just the right amount… again, takes away from the wine, which is what I’d prefer to focus on.

7. @nectarwine says:

Did they say how much it cost? Very very odd! Maybe they’ll send you one as a sample to review.

Josh @nectarwine

8. Shelly says:

I need video of someone actually drinking from this. Too bizarre. Cool Looking. Just doesn’t seem functional.

9. John Cesano says:

My favorite part of the wine experience, swirl and nose, might lead to disaster with this ridiculous glass. A non wine drinker made this. That’s my guess.

10. Jo says:

Victor… I’m with you.

11. Jo says:

Ed,

Yesterday I traveled to Sean Thackery’s with Steve Heimoff, Hardy Wallace, and Jose Diaz. while in the car together, we began to talk about this glass. Jose pulled it up on his Blackberry for Steve and Hardy to see. they, too, were dumbfounded.

Then, Steve asked if I had seen the snake decanter that you’ve written about.

I’m with you… Just give me the wine without a lot of hokus pokus. I just don’t know what these guys are thinking? It’s about the art of wine for me, not about the art of art that contains the wine.

12. Jo says:

Nectarwine, I did the yen conversion: Yen ~ $1,380, USD ~ $14.97.

Honestly, I’d rather not have one sent to me… Then, I’d have to deal with it beyond my own disbelief. ;^)

13. Jo says:

Shell,

I’d love to see that swirl and sniff video, too!

14. Jo says:

John,

I think your guess is right… Non wine drinker. It was made and is offered by a Japanese Company. The site offers art objects… That’s what’s going on, more than functionality. Some might argue it’s aerating benefits, I just don’t want to be in that argument. It’s a bit much for me, no matter how many times I look at it. It’s not for me.

15. Vinogirl says:

Looks a little top heavy, I’d be afraid of knocking it over.
    It’s just plain daft!