It’s hard to believe that this year, like all others, has just flown by. Having rock n’roll radio roots before my wine days, back then I came to the conclusion that life is like a long playing LP. (Anyone remember those?) The closer you get to the center, the faster the revolutions go.
- This year had me planning Dark & Delicious in January.
- Executing D&D in February.
- Planning a Chocolate and Big Reds panel in March.
- Executing the panel at the Florida Winefest in April.
- Attending Ghirardelli Square in May.
- Planning a Petite Sirah Symposium in June and July.
- Executing the PS Symposium at Concannon in August.
- Planning a trip to Portugal to visit Enoforum Wines in September.
- Traveling to Portugal in late October into November.
- Sending out holiday greetings (about 1,000 cards) in December.
- There it is, with images of a year of wonder, which was 2009.
Happy New Year, everyone. May you, too, have another wondrous year in 2010.
Upper left: Sarasota, FL.
Middle Left: Concannon Vineyard’s wine cellar.
Bottom Left: Lisbon, Portugal. Torre de Belim Fort, Lisbon, Portugal
Upper right: self portrait taken in Reguengos de Monsaraz, Portugal
Middle right: San Francisco Bay, frigate in the harbor, Alcatraz off in the distance
Bottom right: Fulton Mather (left) with Also Biale (right, RIP ~ December 12, 2009)